Recitation of the Glorious Qur'an - Online CourseRegular price $50.00
This course will be a 5-week exploration of Shaykh 'Abdullah Siraj al-Din's Recitation of the Glorious Qur'an, with a strong focus on actionable strategies and application. We will review and discuss selections from the text, including both conceptual and practical knowledge related to Allah's Book.
In addition to a stronger understanding of the nature and realities of the Qur'an, students can expect to come away with a detailed, personalized set of action steps to strengthen and improve their own relationship with Allah's book.
Classes will be kept small to allow for participation and questions. Students will be invited to join a private Telegram chat group with the instructor to facilitate further discussion and inquiry.
Course schedule: Every Tuesday starting July 25th, 2023 until August 22nd, 2023 (1pm ET; 10am PST; 6pm British; 8pm Medina) – This will be a live course held via Zoom. All sessions will be recorded if you cannot attend live.
Week 1: Introduction
- About the book, its author
- How to benefit from this text
- What is the Qur’an? How is it different from Hadith & Hadith Qudsi?
- What is the mushaf?
- Preservation of the Qur’an: Oral & textual
- Introduction to Yusuf Wehb & online resources.
Week 2: Reciting the Qur’an
- Textual evidence regarding recitation of the Qur'an
- The merits of recitation of the Qur’an.
- The process of memorizing the Qur’an
- Remembering the Qur'an after memorizing it & how to avoid forgetting it
- The merits & benefits of memorizing the Qur’an
Week 3: Adab & Decorum Related to the Qur’an
- Decorum related to the recitation of the Qur’an
- Adab related to touching the mushaf
- Levels of Qur’anic recitation with respect to the reciter
- The merits & benefits of teaching and learning the Qur’an
Week 4: Reciting the Qur’an as a Part of Daily Life
- Establishing a daily progressive wird of the Qur'an
- The role of a weekly wird of the Qur'an
- Event-based awrad of the Qur'an
- The special emphasis on the recitation of the Qur'an in Ramadan
- Incorporating Qur’anic recitation into the community
- Virtues of the Khatm al-Qur’an and practices related to it
- Understanding the verses of prostration
Week 5: The Qur’anic Psyche & Hermeneutics
- Holding on to the Qur’an & Sunnah
- A warning regarding Qur’an-only sects
- Living the Qur’an: Actions & Responsibilities
- Thinking the Qur’an
- Virtues of specific surahs & ayahs
About the Instructor
Ustadh Moustafa Elqabbany is a scholar and translator based in Jordan. He has contributed to numerous translations of classical Arabic texts, including a number of titles published by Imam Ghazali Publishing, such as Al-Khasa'is al-Muhammadiyya and Ayyuhal Walad. He teaches regularly both in person and online.
What students are saying:
"I just wanted to say this course was an amazing experience. I finally had the chance to take a class like this with a qualified scholar, and I want to express my sincere gratitude to the Shaykh and the team. This class brought moments of renewed faith, and made my Iman and my love for the Prophet ﷺ stronger. It brought me immense joy. JazakAllah khayran so much to Shaykh and the team. I only hope Allah facilitates more. May Allah give you khair and love and protect you all."
"This was my first class with Imam Ghazali Institute, and I just really enjoyed the course. I love the book and the translators. The beauty of the publications from Imam Ghazali Institute is extraordinary, and it was so nice to be connected to the Shaykh and to receive to receive his wisdom. So it was a pleasure to participate with everyone, and I just wanted to thank all of you immensely for this opportunity to be in this class, and to benefit from it and each one of you, and especially our teachers. JazakAllahu khayran."