Heaven Explored - Online CourseRegular price $50.00
To get the discounted course + book bundle, go here.
This course will be a journey through IGP's Heaven Explored: A Description of Jannah. A new translation of Sayyid Muhammad b. 'Alawi al-Maliki's مالاعين رأت, or "what no eye has seen," this book is focused around selected narrations from the Qur'an and hadith about Paradise and what it contains.
A central theme of both the book and course is that everything related to Paradise has many layers of meaning. The descriptions of Paradise in the Qur'an and Sunnah not only offer a glimpse into the Hereafter, but also serve a greater purpose. As Sayyid Zain al-Haddad and Shaykh Musab Penfound write in the introduction to Heaven Explored:
"these narratives...are not mere promises of material reward, but also signify a deeper, spiritual fulfilment – the ultimate closeness to Allah, the Exalted."
Over the course of 5 weekly sessions, Ustadh Talut Dawood will guide us through this text, helping us to become familiar with the different aspects of the heavenly realms, and to understand some of the the significance and purpose of what Allah has promised the believers in the Next World.
- Week 1 - Introduction & general description of Paradise
- Week 2 - Ambient description of Paradise; the environment of Paradise
- Week 3 - The enjoyments of Paradise
- Week 4 - The inhabitants of Paradise, part 1
- Week 5 - The Inhabitants of Paradise, part 2 & a closing dua reading of Dua Nasiri for the People of Palestine
Course schedule: Weekly on Wednesdays, January 10-February 7 – 1pm ET; 6pm London; 10am PST; 8pm Mecca; 2am Malaysia (1 hour long) – 5 sessions total – All sessions will be recorded if you cannot attend live.
The course will include:
- Close reading and study of Heaven Explored: A Description of Jannah and the lessons contained in this remarkable text
- Discussion of the meanings and significance of the different aspects of Paradise and how we should understand them in this life
- Time for Q&A in each class
- Access to a private chat group with the instructor for additional questions and discussion
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Ustadh Talut Dawood grew up in the United States, in New York, North Carolina, and Texas. He studied under the tutelage of his father, Shaykh Sulaiman Dawood, a classically trained scholar himself, and thereafter with teachers hailing from Syria, West Africa, the UK and North America. He currently resides in Mexico, where he has served as a leader and Imam. In 2018 he formally joined as a member of the Imam Ghazali Publishing team, with the blessings and formal idhn of his teacher, Shaykh Mahy Cisse, and has since translated and taught over 20 books for IGP as Translator-in-Residence.